It's wedding season! Late afternoon, sunset weddings are now happening. We just attended a gorgeous one for our friends Ali and Kevin! Congrats to the happy couple!
I for one never know what to wear. In California, we often read "black tie optional" on the invitation. That opens up a wide range of options. If you received an invite with that description, would you think long or tea length? Is short ok? Regardless of the level of dressiness, there are a few questions I ask myself....read on!
1) Am I appropriate? Age-appropriate, length, color, seasonally-appropriate, coverage-wise...For instance, if I expect I might be dancing quite a bit, I don't want to have any wardrobe malfunctions! So, for this last wedding, I opted for this versatile, affordable dress(below, check out how cute it is with a t-shirt and converse underneath!).
2) Am I comfortable? Weddings are usually long. You start on the early side and go into the evening. Your shoes should be able to withstand the night (I brought these stretchy ballet flats to change into when my heels were too much), but I also heard these foldable shoes are wonderful, too. I wore my favorite (investment) closed-toed shoes because my toenails weren't painted (ha!), but if I had made the time, I would have worn open-toed strappy sandals.
3) Do I think I'm gonna wanna enjoy the music? This is definitely something to consider when picking out your dress (and shoes).
4) For HIM? Do you want to coordinate on some level? I don't usually worry about this, but occasionally, it's fun to compliment or have a color scheme.
5) Will it get cold at night or will it be cold inside the venue? I brought a wrap for the evening. We're in such transitional weather here... warm during the day and pretty chilly at night. I like an option like this (and love all the color choices).
Twinning with your toddler. 🤣Silly, but kinda fun. Especially being a boymom and finding something like this. 🌸💜 #simplejoys
Outfit details (on sale) on the blog and here:
#boymom #matchingfamilyoutfits #budgetfriendly http://liketk.it/2wcY6 @liketoknow.it #liketkit 📸: @ographr
Ps- you can screenshot this post and find it in your LIKEtoKNOW.it app;) #toddlermom #mommyandme
You’re his hero. Happy Father’s Day! We ♥️ you so. @joelhenricks
Wall goals. 🌟🌟 🌿🌵
New post up spotlighting a favorite place. #linkinbio
Almost the weekend!
Who’s ready? 🤣
Ps- Anyone that knows this kid knows he scopes out all the doors and gates. He’s like an escape artist! Definitely keeps me on my toes. 😫😂 #boymom #toddlermom #tiredmom #happykid
You may have flipped through this photo in stories, but I’m posting it here, too! My #WcW goes to @amirawaldesai & @lisabreckenridge. And #staytuned because #funthingshappening with @jamiemakeup, too #moreontheblog w/link in bio.
“And the gingham dress was all I had to wear...”❤️
More on the blog.
Stopped for coffee at the cutest place in Venice. Los Angeles has many little pockets and I need to branch out more.
http://liketk.it/2w5Zo #liketkit @liketoknow.it #linkinbio 🌟
Thx for taking me (and the photo 📸) @Ographr.
Ps- do you remember the song?
#tbt Reposting @lisalingstagram’s two photos from this year’s #InspirationAwards, but in opposite order. Starting with two years ago right before our littles were born...btw- Lisa, you inspire all of us!
The last time I saw these two beauties, we were all a bit more rotund—in the very best way. But nothing short of labor could keep us from cheering on graduates of @stepupwomensnetwork, then and now. It was amazing to see more than 20 young women grace the stage who, with the help of #stepup, had graduated from college and some from graduate school. Most of them were the first in their families to go to college. I left so inspired and proud. #inspirationawards.
You can’t have a bad day in polka dots. Did @annakendrick47 say that? A good day of wellness with these beauties: @yolakin @virginiawms @vrayskull @alexandrabasow @amy_davidson💜 more details on the blog with the link in profile. thx @newbloommedia for including me #bloomsummit 📸: @ographr 🌟
Weekend vibes on a Tuesday. Take me back! Our getaway was too short, but worth it. Thank you @joelhenricks 😘♥️ new post up about this stuff on blog and asking a few questions😎
http://liketk.it/2w23t @liketoknow.it #LTKunder50 #ltkunder25 #liketkit
A few more from @stepupwomensnetwork #InspirationAwards...congratulations on your 20th Anniversary! Grateful to have been a part of the last decade. Thank you @alissazito for your work and patience! .
Thx to @mommysretreat for the blowout/ hair! More details about the day on the blog. #linkinbio
Another moving, wonderful #StepUp #InspirationAwards. Thank you to @stepupwomensnetwork for the work they are doing mentoring young girls. As always, loved visiting with so many inspiring friends.
More about the day in a new post on the blog:)
In case you were wondering... 💜
Question: what’s the number one thing you do to help yourself when you get stressed and overwhelmed?
Have a good day y’all.💗 #stressrelief #selfcare #takecareofyou
Your dad and I are so grateful to be your parents, sweet little man. Happy 2nd Birthday! I love you with my whole heart. Forever. #twoyearsold #welcometotoddlerhood #haydenjh
Happy 40th birthday to my incredibly funny, smart, handsome brother! So proud of you, @zjatx ❤️ Here’s to the best decade yet! You are very loved.
PS: how amazing was my mom?! She made our little outfits. Down to the frog buttons!
Let go. Let God. His plan is far better.
A new & personal post is up answering some of your questions of late. Thanks to all of you that continually show so much support. I am grateful.
Happy Birthday to my beautiful mom! Thank you for being the best mother & grandmother (and for being a good sport about me taking our “hat” pictures😂) ❤️ We love you so!
So many beautiful creatures at the Butterfly Museum last week. This little one was in awe! Thank you, Mom & @jlove_____ for taking us! 🦋
The “perfect shirt” is back in stock in all sizes... (thx for letting me borrow, @jlove_____ ) More on the blog! #ashleyajones.com http://liketk.it/2vLpE @liketoknow.it #liketkit #ButterflyMuseum
#tbt This picture was taken so long ago, Hayden didn’t know who it was! One of my first projects (mini-series) and first on screen kiss. Ha! #cheeksforweeks #PaulRudd #weweresoyoung #firenexttime
Hoping you smile today like Hayden smiles at his Aunt Jordy. 📸: @jlove_____
#almosttwoyearsold #twobottomteeth #happyhumpday #haydenjh
Any excuse to wear a cowboy hat;) #SouthernVibes 🇨🇱 New post up via link in bio. 📸: dad @liketoknow.it #liketkit http://liketk.it/2vFZb #affordablefashion